Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Homemade Baby Wipes

One afternoon at the coffee shop when Logan was just a little bitty thing, another mother overheard me talking with a girlfriend that I was having trouble with Logan's sensitive skin.  Anytime I used wipes, no matter what type, he broke out into a bright red rash on his bum.  She so graciously offered me her recipe to her homemade baby wipes and said they work wonders.  For over a year now we've only used wash clothes and warm water on Logan which has worked wonderfully but now that we're looking to reduce our laundry, it seemed perfect timing that the piece of paper with the magical recipe floated out of one of my baby books.  I had forgotten about it, but it seems it was waiting for the perfect timing.  So yesterday I got out all my ingredients and made my wonderfully earthy homemade baby bum wipes.  So far no rash, no clothes to wash and easy on the budget.
We're also trying a trial run of  "G Diapers"  I'll let you know how it goes, our first day L did have a little pinching redness at the site where the diapers attach.  I'm not sure if I just need to perfect my diapering style or if it will be an ongoing issue, we'll see.

BABY BUM WIPES

Cut paper towel roll into thirds, and put 1/3 roll (cut side down) into an empty wipes container.

Mix: 1 cup water
        1tsp baby soap (liquid)
        1tsp calendula oil
        few drops of lavender oil
        few drops of tea tree oil

Pour over paper towel and then turn container upside down for 10 minutes

Remove center roll and pull wipes from the center




1 comment:

  1. We've been using Monkee Doodlez cubes but this looks like a viable alternative. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete