Pages

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Some Seriously Groovy Granola

It's been years since I've had granola.....I'm in love!

2 C GF Oats
1/4 C (each) Pecans,Walnuts, Almonds,  Cashews
1/4 C (each) dried blueberries, dried cherry's, unsweetened coconut
2 TB Flax seeds
1 TB Vanilla
2 TB Water
1/4 tsp Salt
1 TB Cinnamon
4 TB Almond Butter
4 TB Honey

Soften almond butter and mix with honey.  Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl and then mix in wet ingredients. Once mixed thoroughly fold in the almond butter/honey mixture to cover all contents.  Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  Place granola on a lightly greased pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping once.


I used whatever ingredients I had in the pantry and roughly followed a recipe I found on this wonderful site my girlfriend Sherri introduced me to : www.cleaneatingchelsey.com  She has tons of amazing gluten free recipes.



2 comments:

  1. Looks yummy...a couple of questions for you. Do you think I could use steel cut oats or do you think only the rolled would be good? Also-do you think it would work with natural peanut butter or do you think I need to get the almond butter? xoxs, s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri, I found a site that substitutes steel cut oats for rolled oats. She says it's best to substitute s.c.oats when making granola bars b/c it helps things stick better, and use rolled oats when making granola cereal. Look under her granola recipe : www.100daysofrealfood.com I used almond butter in my recipe b/c G is allergic to peanuts, but I'm sure you can use whatever kind of nutbutter you'd like. I like that you can just wing it when it comes to granola!

    ReplyDelete