Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

My psychic ability eludes me, so it seems

Well, I sure thought I had it all figured out ;) ! I should know better by now.  Our potential renter actually rented another house, so there goes that plan.  It just seemed like everything was lining up for us, as we know everything happens for a reason, and it will happen for us all in due time.  What was all that fluid talk last post?  I guess I better start thinking watery thoughts.  We continue to plug away at our to do list, both here and at the house.  We are currently taking a course for our Marine Radio License and take our test on Tuesday, it'll feel so good to have that under my belt.  The more I learn the more confident I feel.  I do have to admit though, we have a bit of a 'Cowboy' as one of our instructors who LOVES to tell horrific stories and had me a bit unnerved by the end of class.  Gord had to talk me down and talk me through all the stories our Cowboy had so freely unleashed on us.  Guess he didn't realize he had such sensitive souls on board ;)!  Well I better go study, hoping to beat Gord on this exam ... hehehe

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying your blog very much! I hear you on the boats, cruising and Murphy's law. Hope you find a renter soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just took a peek at yours, I love it. Great to see your taking on the adventure with a little one as well. Nice that your older daughter is big enough to give a helping hand. I've been doing lots of 'practice recipes' for cruising here at home too (that are also kid friendly). Definitely takes some creativity!

    Where are you all located? I just saw you make a reference to the 'Annapolis book of knots'. My husband and I lived in Annapolis prior to moving here to Vancouver Island 5 yrs ago (I grew up in Maryland).

    Looking forward to following your adventures as well (I like you have a blog reading obsession)!

    Lara

    ReplyDelete