Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Projects, projects, projects

Home made curtains for the boat, even made pillows to match. Yes, a Domestic Diva in the making ;)

We're sooo close to having the head hooked up to the holding tank, the water run to the head sink,  and painted interior.  This is the final project (for now) that has us waiting to move aboard Kaizen.  I don't mind simplicity, but when a girls gotta go... a girls gotta go!  I can't wait to be able to get down there really clean things up and make it all homey! Great thing about a boat is, it can become a mess in a hurry, but can be cleaned up just as quickly (I'm hoping, seeing that I'm the clean up crew ;)

Gordie showing off his handy work, ALMOST done!
Yikes!  

My little Mountain Goat xo
I'm still undecided about the best thing to use on the port berth to enclose Logan's bed, Gordon is suggesting Dacron.  I'm sure it'd work fine just doesn't seem too cozy.  Can't sit on it too long, if I hope to get any sleep we've got to figure this out.  When Logan sleeps with us up in the V berth he climbs all over me like a mountain goat and I get NO sleep, so I better think of solution fast!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, there is no way that I can really sleep with Yemaya in the V-berth either. When I try and get her to take a nap with me in there there is a lot of climbing all over. She wants to touch every little piece of wood, screw hole, and light. I'll try and post some pics of her berth for you. I sewed up a canvas lee cloth that snaps and ties in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so funny, that sounds like the first night Logan slept overnight up there. He was literally up for hours in the middle of the night picking at everything, it's just WAY too exciting up there. I"d love to see your pics of her berth, want to make sure our end product actually works!! Can use all the tips I can get :) BTW, how is the harness and tether working for you? Do you just use it in the cockpit while you're docked for safety? L is a monkey and I was thinking I'd feel better if he had one on. He can be a slippery little sucker sometimes ;)

    ReplyDelete