Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

1 week and still floating!

Breakfast time for my sleepy heads



Logan loving his new space!
Well I have to admit it's a bit hard to keep a blog updated when you have no internet access.  Just looked into it at the Marina office and they want $30.00 a week or $60.00 a month!!  Crazy, and just 30 min south, they offer it free at their marina.  I'll just update when I can from the house.  The week has been filled with lots of ups and downs.  After a flurry of activity prepping both the house and the boat, exhaustion is finally setting in. The last few nights we've been going to bed at 9:30, SO wonderful!
I was so happy Gordon was able to be off work for the majority of the first week so we could get things organized and have some help with L while I got used to cooking on the little stove (it's not gimbled so I don't want to cook unless I can focus fully on the task).  We successfully made a berth for Logan and tried it out for the first time last night, didn't make for much sleep but I think he's getting used to it. It's not as dark in the main salon, and of course is a fun new place to check out... even at 3 am! He's been loving playing in it during the day though too so nice to have all his toys up and off the floor.  Plus it keeps him  from climbing the steps over and over again while I'm trying to accomplish something ;)!

This week has been one of increased awareness, learning to slow down and savor the moment.  To acknowledge that this is a lifestyle change..... not something to check off on my to do list.  It is an evolution of habits, thoughts and actions.  I think that is why I am so attracted to it as well, ever evolving, continual progression and improvement.  I love waking up and sitting in the cockpit, either having coffee, reading or doing yoga.  Soaking in the rays of sun, the sensation of warmth on my skin, and the awareness to take a little bit deeper breath, close my eyes and be grateful. I love that dinner has become a creation I plan for and (try) and not just hurry the task along.  But take time to create it with love knowing it will nourish my two boys.  I loved the first time it rained, turning off the radio, baby asleep and just listening to the drops and learning the creaks of the boat as the wind picked up.  I also loved having a little time just to myself, to sit quietly and just 'be'.  The process of slowing down, is such a beautiful one.  It gives us the ability to assess things as they are and realize it is truly 'enough'.
Secured under cushion with screws & boards

Here are some pics of Logan's berth.
Middle had to be lifted to make it high enough to keep him in.
Attachment point, same on either side.
Sorry so dark, but you get the picture !

1 comment:

  1. Nice blog so far, cant wait for your next update. I have commented on my blog and I hope thats ok?

    Take care

    Tony

    ReplyDelete