Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Happy Earth Day!

Claiming the cats bed...both to her and my dismay!
He ends up covered in hair head to toe

I spent a wonderful day outside with my little man today.  The weather has finally warmed a bit and we were able to shed a few layers, the most important one... the rain jackets!  It felt so good to feel the warmth of the sun as we celebrated Earth Day together.  There is a little beach right by the marina and L had a fantastic time climbing logs, throwing rocks in the water, and slapping around slimy seaweed.  It's is so fun watching him explore and be so enthralled with a rock or a stick.  We spent over an hour on the beach and he quietly played the entire time, inviting me into his little world when he needed help manouvering over a big log or throwing an especially large rock. My mission on the beach today was to collect rocks and sticks to make some natural crafts. I saw a tutorial on making rocks into Easter Eggs by felting them (like you can with soaps) they looked beautiful and I thought it'd be a great alternative to the usual plastic eggs.  I carefully selected my egg shaped rocks and while L was napping I felted them up, they turned out beautiful and I couldn't wait to give them to Logan.  What I should of remembered was how much he LOVED THROWING the rocks at the beach.... so of course as soon as I gave them to him they went flying across the boat.  Guess we'll have to needle felt some eggs that won't break my mirrors!  I just tucked in my tuckered out little nome,  he is so precious and I feel so grateful I am able to watch him grow.  I hope he learns to tread lightly on the earth and to embrace the beauty that surrounds him each and every day.



He pick the BIGGEST rock he could possibly muster and then throw it an inch or two.
I kept trying to convince him go for the smaller ones but to no avail.

His favorite was definitely the slimy seaweed.

He's got the WHOLE WORLD IN HIS HANDS....


My Sweet Pea xo

2 comments:

  1. I love seeing him wave goodbye to babyhood and stepping into little boy land. :) Throwing rocks is par for the course. Happy Earth Day Logan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little boys seem to love sticks and rocks~ I love the pictures of him exploring!
    We looked at cats last night dreaming of being able to have one, but I (as a mom) had to think of all the hair, on a tiny boat, it's hard enough to keep it clean with 3 children :O)

    ReplyDelete